Welcome to Renee Vevea Art!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Art of Painting

Welcome to my new blog dedicated solely to my paintings. You may have already visited my other blog, Vivre-Vivant, which includes muses on personal essays, memoir and random thoughts. Since joining the Old Town Artists Co-op in April this year I've enjoyed expanding the time and energy into developing my painting. I love using acrylics and utilize multiple compounds including pumice, glass beads, fiber paste, crackle and others to bring high texture and "touchability" to the paintings. The use of vibrant colors brings the paintings alive and showcases much of the detail. 

My inspiration for painting comes from many sources - nature, landscapes, the topography of the land, the Black Hills of South Dakota (where I lived for many years) and even fashion.

Each painting is unique and not duplicated and at this time I am not making any prints. 

I look forward to sharing my art with you and would love to hear your feedback and any thoughts on art and the artist's process you'd like to share.

When you start a painting, it is somewhat outside you. 
At the conclusion, you seem to move inside the painting.  
~ Fernanco Botero

2 comments:

  1. I love your work and am happy to know it brings you such joy. Great to see your collection all together.
    Best,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! This is a phenomenal way to share your joy for painting and your creativity. I am joining this blog rightaway with Google Friend Connect so I can get updates on your new creations :-)

    Pablo

    ReplyDelete